How to join
To become a member of Airienteers you must also be a member of British Orienteering – the national governing body for the sport. You can join as a Senior member (aged 21 or older on 31 December of the membership year) or a Junior member (aged 20 or younger on 31 December of the membership year).
How much does membership cost?
The cost is dependent on which membership type Senior or Junior. The following table shows the cost for the 2019 season.
- Senior – any member aged 21 or older on 31 December of the membership year
- Junior – any member aged 20 or younger on 31 December of the membership year
The membership fee consists of 3 parts; The club, Yorkshire and Humberside Orienteering Association and the sports governing body, British Orienteering.
As a member you will receive:
- British Orienteering e-newsletters, option to sign up for a range of e-newsletters
- Eligibility to compete in the United Kingdom Orienteering League and various Yorkshire leagues as part of YHOA and club leagues as part of AIRE
- Opportunity to qualify to represent your country at international competitions
- Compete in the British Orienteering Rankings scheme
- Eligibility to apply for awards under the British Orienteering Badge Scheme
- Access to a ‘Navigational Challenge’ and ‘Racing Challenge’ Incentive Scheme
- Public Liability Insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering
- Papers and vote at the British Orienteering AGM, YHOA AGM and AIRE AGM
- Discounts from national companies through the member discounts scheme
- 15% discount at Cotswold Outdoors, the UK's Widest Range of Outdoor Clothing and Equipment
- 10% discount with free standard delivery with sportsshoes.com
- Enjoy the best of Butlins with web deals, plus an extra £20 off!
- 10% discount at Up & Running's running clothing and footwear
- 20% discount with the UK's leading airport parking providers SkyParkSecure.com
- 50% discount when joining the YHA as well as 10% off YHA accommodation bookings.
- A full list of membership discounts is available on the BOF website under the 'My Account' tab after logging into the member's section.
This takes you to the British Orienteering website to complete the online form. The club and association will be be pre-filled using this link, you just need to add your personal details.