Pre Event Info
Long, Medium and Short Courses. All courses are quite technical and all get near physical hazards; crags, rivers, canal etc. Younger juniors must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Directions / Parking
Parking at Hirst Wood car park with overflow parking on the approach road, Hirst Lane.
Travelling west, turn right at the traffic lights 50m beyond the junction of the the A650 and A657 in Saltaire. At the next T-junction turn left into Hirst Lane.
Registration & Start Times
No EOD. Start times pre-allocated 11.00 -12.00
Please maintain 2m social distance. Avoid coming to the start too early, and avoid gathering in groups, before or after your run.
Currently there may be 2 starters per minute.
Hand sanitiser will be available at the start/finish.
The start is at the west end of the playing fields adjoining the car park, approoximately 300m from the car park.
Pre-entry only. Entries close at 21.00 on Wednesday 28th April
£4.00 Seniors £2.00 Juniors. SI card hire £1.
Payment, preferably contactless, will be on the day. Any cash payments must be for the exact sum. Change will not be given.
Covid-19 Considerations: Please do not enter or attend if:-
- You are unwell with a cough, fever or other respiratory symptoms
- You have been in close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of Covid 19 and are within the quarantine period.
- You have returned from non exempt overseas country and not have completed the quarantine period.
- You are currently undergoing Covid19 testing, and have not yet received a negative result and are symptom free
- You have been asked to isolate by NHS Test and Trace due to you being a contact of known Covid 19 case.
- If you have been advised to stay at home by a Health Care professional.
- Follow National and Regional advice about travel.
Those who are at higher risk to pay particular care in their decision to attend. Over 70’s are to be aware that they are at higher risk.
Map 1:7500. Updated in 2019.
Long, 6.8k 200m climb
Medium, 3.8k 120m climb
Short, 3.0k 70m climb.
You will run significantly further on all courses, as there is a lot of out of bounds to bypass.
Full leg cover is recommended.
The Finish is between the River Aire and the Canal.
Remember that you must download even if you retire from your course.
Runnable woodland with a good path network. A series of small interconnected woods. The 2 longer courses visit the rocky areas of Shipley Glen.
Dogs under tight control.
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Jacl Wood
Planner: Jack Wood
Controller: Robert Gatenby
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Insurance: British Orienteering provides Public Liability insurance cover for all individuals taking part in our Organised Events and Activities.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports. Read our data protection page to see how we look after your personal data.